Saturday, February 5, 2011

A $110 teether! What was I thinking???

There are some things as a new parent that you just have to have for your new baby.  You know... that pram/stroller/car seat combo.  Probably a Phil & Ted's, because just about everyone has one of those.  Then there is the swedish made highchairs, organic cotton sheeting, bamboo cloth nappies... the list goes on.  Just take a stroll through any baby store (real or online) and in no time you find yourself rubbing your tummy (pregnant or not) and drooling over the coordinating walnut wooden furniture set all decked out with the most gorgeous mint green jungle prints with matching nappy stacker and laundry hamper.

On a recent online 'window' shop, I came across this little cutie...

I simply fell in love with Sophie.  Her retro look and feel made me just have to have her.  She is irresistible!  A squeaker toy, a teether, all natural rubber and she is also BPA and phthalate free, what is not to love.  Just look at her rosie little cheeks.  She is supposed to be soothing and comforting for little ones, according to the website, and will make a "long-term friend"!  But at a rrp of $35 + postage, I have had to leave her be.

Until, that is, I happened upon a ToysRus catalogue.  Low and behold, they not only stock Sophie in store... if you spend $100 you can get Sophie for just $10!  The answer to my dreams!  I can have buy Sophie for $10!  Wahoo!

So with LittleBee and LadyBug in tow, we made the trek out to Highpoint to ToysRus.  I had easily justified spending $100 in their baby sale.  Biodegradable disposable nappies, organic baby food, house safety items.  All things that I will need for the LadyBug.  And spending $100 on baby essentials is so easy.

But once I had the $100 spent and Sophie in LadyBugs curious hands, I realised that essentially I had just spent $110 on a teether.  I mean, seriously... it's just a rubber giraffe!  Isn't it???

She better be worth it!!!

6 comments:

  1. WOW that is an expensive teether toy! LOL The things we do for our littlies! Does she love it as much as you do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mel ~ I think she does... she played with it a lot while we were out yesterday. It has already been sufficiently chewed on ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh well then it sounds like it was well worth it! What a funny memory to look back on haha..

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are some things a lady bug just must have!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As opposed to the $1000 iPhone she normally sucks on

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have a Sophie and really she is awesome. We've had her through all our kids and all have munched her face and squeeked her squeek. She has borne it patiently and with grace. She is certainly not a toy I will part with lightly, and she came directly from France via a friend. So she is extra special.
    Merci Sophie la Giraffe!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking the time to comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...