Friday, August 19, 2011

August 19 ~ Day of Hope... in loving memory of children gone too soon



Today, like countless other days, I think of my sweet son Oliver... gone too soon.  Of little Seth, Jayden, Eden, Lily and Ruby.  And their mummies longing to touch them again.  Of too many dear friends who have also had to say goodbye to their precious, and much loved little ones, taken before they could hold their dear little hands or kiss their sweet round cheeks.  

Pregnancy and neo-natal loss is real.  Every day a little life is ended, and a family is left empty handed and heart broken.  But, we "can't" talk about it.  We don't talk about it.  As mothers and fathers we just try and pick up the pieces and continue our lives in some kind of manner that is pleasing to society.  But I want to say that yes, I have a son.  No, he isn't here, but he was.  He lived, safe and warm within my womb, and although this world could not provide him the same safety and warmth, his is a part of our family.  He is our son.  

I do not and can not begin for a moment to understand "why" but I do know that God knows why.  And until I can see my Oliver again, that will be all I need to get through this life here without him.



1 comment:

  1. I just love the way Oliver is part of your family, of course he is! I do love the freedom we have to talk about him, remember he is part of your birth order, his birthday, and pregnancy. You guys have done a great job of publicly remembering him. Oliver, we will meet you in heaven.....till then, we wont forget you. Xo

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking the time to comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...