From the onset of this marvellous feat, LadyBug has discovered...
- she can really crawl anywhere, carpet, tiles, in bed! The possibilities are endless;
- she can reach the tub of blocks and pull them all out on the floor, which is especially fun when they have all just been picked up;
- the cat's tail is fun to pull on too! (Mumma has learned that the cat is quite patient with the baby, but not sure how long this grace period will last!)
- that the slate floor isn't quite as forgiving as the carpet when you lose your balance and take a nose dive.
- if you put your hands together really fast, they make a cool clapping noise.
- and doing all of these really fun things makes everyone around me really excited and camera happy! (I tried uploading a video but after three failed attempts, and nearly 4 hours of uploading, I think we'll call it quits, and try again another time)
And when all is said and done, I think the motto for the day is "Sleep is for the weak..." I was invited to a baby party at 11pm last night, which finished at around 1am, and coasted through the day with only about 25 minutes down time! Lets just hope that all this physical exertion makes for a very sleepy LadyBug tonight.
This is what the last 24 hours has been like here.
Lots of laughs and excited cheers, and yes, not a lot of sleep, but we have had immense pleasure in watching our precious little one grow.
But on the other side of the world a young man sits mourning the loss of his beautiful wife, and their brand new baby girl, born early as a result of a car accident which took the life of her mother over the weekend. My heart goes out to you Chad. I too have had to say goodbye to a little baby, and I can feel the pain of your loss. I am so thankful that the Lord has your precious girls safe in His arms.
May you feel His loving arms around you now as you seek to continue this journey without your precious loved ones.