Sunday, May 13, 2012

mother's day blessings and realities



  • making myself a hot cup of tea, and enjoying it in a quiet house before anyone else was even awake.
  • having my littlest princess run into my arms and give me a huge hug
  • making myself some eggs on toast, my favourite breakfast.
  • a hand made card from my special girls
  • helping the kids at church make special little gifts of chocolate and tea to share with the lovely mummies this morning.
  • shopping with my LittleBee for my Mother's Day present
  • a hot bowl of soup at one of our favourite cafe's in town
  • coming home to find the baby sleeping and that means that I'm able to spend time just doing whatever I like, even if it is just for a few minutes.

The realities... the Dadda and girls have been unwell this week.  They are on the mend now, but it's taking it's toll.  We have had a busy week too which leaves us all a little exhausted at the end of it all.  Mother's Day festivities are very low key this year as a result.  But nonetheless the blessings are there, and I am so thankful for each of them.

Sometimes though it seems like the painful realities far outweigh the blessings.  

Mother's Day is about spending time with your Mother, a pleasure I have not been able to experience for nearly 17 years now.  Mother's Day after losing your own mother is inevitably difficult.  The memory of my Mum and the special times we have shared in the past make my heart a little warmer as I think about her today.  Today especially I am remembering the times where she graciously endured breakfast in bed consisting of cold burnt toast, and cold tea, and appreciating each rose shaped soap or potpourri bag.  Surely she must know now that her children rise and call her blessed on this day and every other day.

Mother's Day after losing your own child can be plain excruciating.  I have two beautiful blessings to share this day with, and I am forever thankful for their presence in my life.  But on a day when we are to remember being a Mother and all that this wonderful job holds for us, it is heartbreaking to know that there is another little one that I would love to have scribble his name on a handmade card for me.  To have him stealing my chocolates or choosing smelling hand cream for me.

A friend I have met through the loss of our children shared a beautiful picture on facebook today, and this is my Mother's Day thought for today.  To my precious friends who have suffered the loss of their sweet babies and long to hold them each and every day... this is for you


Happy Mother's Day

5 comments:

  1. I am saying a prayer that your day would be blessed! I know it will be hard on all of us mommies with little ones in Heaven. I am sorry you do not have your mom. I am Saying a prayer for you now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tesha. I really appreciate that xo

      Delete
  2. Happy mother's day. I hope Az spoils you rotten when he's better. Thanks for the time you spend on Sunday school. You're one amazing woman. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blessings to you today and Happy Mother's Day. Thank you for once again sharing your beautiful heart. Your mum would be so proud of you- the woman you are and the loving wife and mumma you are as well. I think your friend's quote that she shared is lovely. Sending you great big cuddly hugs today.
    love you xoXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Nic, You are such a strong person.. Hope you had the mothers day you deserve xoxo Love you!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking the time to comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...