Thursday, December 20, 2012

maybe tomorrow?

Every morning I peer through my kitchen window out to the garden. There's not much to see from the window really.  It looks over the carport where the children can play.  There are a lot of toys, and a few large bushes.  But over near the corner in the garden bed, is a very special plant... a Magnolia "Little Gem"

By some kind of miracle, I have managed to keep alive for the past 4 years.  Even though it hasn't really grown much, it is still green, it continues to sprout fresh new leaves.  Sadly though, I have only seen one blossom open up, and it was a crazy hot day, so the petals were scorched by the time it opened fully.


Little Gem


Two months ago, my Little Gem showed me the first glimpse of a new bud.  Since then, I go out each day and just look at it.  If I could, I would will it to burst open.  But no matter how much I feed it, water it or plead with it, it seems to remain the same.




Until yesterday...



And then today...


So now I just keep on thinking...


maybe tomorrow?


And just keep on waiting...

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for taking the time to comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...